Has destiny brought you here? I dare to think it is a possibility. Welcome.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The new trailer of 2012

Even though I've criticized the marketing strategy that the film makers of the movie 2012 have used, I have to say that they are really talented in what they do. This movie is coming to a theater near you on November 13, 2009 (Worldwide Release Date). I just saw the new trailer, which you can see at http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/ , and I must accept that this movie looks incredibly interesting. At least I think the movie is going to be able to create a consciousness on people, so that everyone starts to investigate about the year 2012 and the long count Mayan calendar.

Now, this is a serious matter: Not everything that we are going to see in the movie must be taken as what is truly going to happen. For starters, the trailer already has an error when it's implying that "mankind's earliest civilization" was the Mayan. They were not the first civilization of this world. Scientific proven facts state that the first civilization that left written records in this planet (records that we have found) were the Sumerians. The Sumerians have been almost as controversial as the Mayan civilization, but then again, isn't every archaeological discovery fascinating and filled with mystery? At least I think so. Well, not everything you see in the movie must be taken as what's really going to happen in the year 2012. Still, I have to give some credit to this movie, which I'm eager to watch. In the end of this trailer, as well as in the end of the first one, they give the audience a message: "Find out the truth. Search 2012";in the first one they said: "Google search: 2012". Again, this could be a viral strategy so that everyone would go and search 2012 in Google, which would redirect everyone to the movie's official website.

Anyway, this is an invitation for everyone to start discovering what just a few already know about what could happen to this planet in the near future. This message, added to the sort of viral publicity that they've used, makes me think that this could be a subtle way of letting the world know that something big is about to happen. They invite us to investigate. Well, I've done my investigation and believe me, even when I know that the Mayans said that this was an era of transformation and spiritual growth, I can't help the fact that I get scared sometimes; for I have seen too many coincidences where destruction is binded to this date.

Maybe the movie is a subtle wake up call. How else would you alert a huge population of an imminent hazard without creating mass panic? Smart, isn't it? Well, this is just a speculation, but we'll see.

Again, I just hope that together, we humans as a species, are going to be able to overcome every obstacle that comes our way in the future; even if nothing happens in 2012 we must come together as one, as one family in LOVE.

May the power of that infinite consciousness of LOVE be with you.

All the time,
Raúl

No comments:

Post a Comment